Wednesday, April 4, 2012

RA Kerin's Essential Kick Ass/Celebratory Playlist

It's that time of year, ladies. Whether we're counting down the days 'til the end of class or bittersweet graduation, the school year is coming to an end and summer is just around the corner. That means I'm already making that special playlist that is going to bump from my speakers the second I get home and back in my car for the first joy ride of the season. Here are some of my favorites, old and new:

RA Kerin's Playlist of Five Kick Ass Songs for Good Times:

1. "Kick Ass" - Mika. I may or may not have named this playlist after this song. It's just so feel-good and every time I play it I want to jump up and down to a montage or Friends-esque sitcom intro. I put this one on for an energy boost or to psych myself up. And it sounds great on my sound system.

2. "Ocean Avenue" - Yellowcard. Y'all remember this one. I actually have a huge soft spot for Yellowcard. 'Ocean Avenue', the album, was the first album that I obsessed over and listened to so many times that I wore it out in the summer of the eighth grade. It was before I owned an iPod so I dragged my huge white boom box around the house everywhere I went. This one always reminds me of those days.

3. "We Are Young" - Fun. (.) Just getting into these guys now and this song has been all over the place, but rightfully so. It's such a good melody that makes you and all your friends want to sing along. I think what I love about it most is that it's not an upbeat song by nature, but it gets you feeling great anyway.

4. "Living After Midnight" - Judas Priest. This song makes me feel like a total bad ass. Period. This song is best played on the highway with your windows down, but I've substituted a good strut down the street with my headphones on for those days where I want the wind in my hair any way I can.

5. "Neighbors" - The Academy Is... Essential house party song. Surprisingly these guys have a lot of songs that I almost included on this playlist and if you were ever a fan of them back in 06 when they were hitting it big in pop punk, you should bust out your old copy of 'Almost Here', or even their newer album, 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High', and celebrate. Bump some Fall Out Boy while you're at it.

WE COULD LEAVE THIS TOWN AND RUN FOR EH VERRRRRR

That's it for a year of music on Gramercy Gals that I hope you enjoyed, maybe found some new stuff, and jammed out. Have a kick ass summer! RA Kerin, signing off~

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis