Thursday, September 20, 2012

Folk For The Fall: Music with RA Kerin

Ha, I love alliteration. Welcome back ladies! Today was a sad, sad day for my closet; my extensive short short collection was officially put out of commission due to temperatures below 70 degrees. Which means it's fall. And with the changing seasons comes a new blast for my iPod. In the fall, it's always folk.

Last year's favorites Mumford & Sons are about to drop a new album, 'Babel', that I'm dying to get my hands on, but here are the three bands I've been jamming out to right now, all of whom have awesome records you should pick up.

As usual, click through and take a listen in Spotify:

The Lumineers - Self-Titled (2012)
Favorite Track: Flowers In Your Hair
Can't not-smile and listen to this record. There are some really great tracks on here, but the under-two-minute-long "Flowers In Your Hair", which is also the opening record, just puts me in the best mood. Also check out "Slow It Down" and "Stubborn Love".

Trampled By Turtles - Stars and Satellites (2012)
Favorite Track: Midnight On The Interstate
These guys mix it up between really soft, sweet tracks and some super-folky banjo-heavy riffs. Reminded me a lot of Mumford & Sons the first time I listened. "Midnight On The Interstate" makes me cry when I listen in the right mood but so do "Beautiful"and "High Water".

The Head and the Heart - Self-Titled (2011)
Favorite Track: Rivers and Roads
Folky-and-eclectic all at once, The Head and the Heart are definitely a unique one. Their tracks sound pretty stripped down and simple, but that doesn't mean they're not fantastic. "Couer d'Alene" and "Honey Come Home" are two completely different tracks, both great in their own way, but "Rivers and Roads" is the one I'll listen to on repeat easily.

Enjoy, as always!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis