Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Year in Music with Kerin 2011 (Part 2)


And now, the songs I wanted to include on part one of this list, but then said 'no wait, I have some dignity left', and then decided I probably don't after all when I saw the play counts on my iTunes...

11 Songs I Wish I Could Say I Shamelessly Played in 2011, But In Fact Played Them With Significant Amounts Of Shame
  • "Blow" - Ke$ha.  Absolutely, hands down, my #1 pop song of this year that I was ashamed of. I put it on every mix CD in my car this summer. Every. Single. One. I didn't even hesitate. I love you, Ke$ha, have my glitter-covered babies.
  • "Super Bass" - Nicki Minaj.  There is no greater feeling than being able to seamlessly rap every word of this song. I do it often. When this comes on if I had slightly less shame than I do now I would yell "THIS IS MY JAM, TURN IT UP BITCH."
  • "Do It Like A Dude" - Jessie J.  Her voice is like warbly-Jamaican Katy Perry but just kidding, she raps and she's from England? This track is crude, and it's fierce as hell and I have no problem with either of those things.
  • "This Is What Rock N' Roll Looks Like" - Porcelain Black (feat. Lil' Wayne).  Even though this is definitely not what rock and roll sounds like, Porcelain Black is hot. I can't believe I just admitted that to a blog. Bitch has hair like Cruella de Ville and her voice is growly and deep and I don't even hate Lil' Wayne that much on this song. THAT'S SAYING A LOT. I have tons of shame. But I love you, Porcelain, so the shame is worth it.
  • "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5. I feel like a hypocrite on this one because I proclaimed it "the dumbest pop song of the year". I stand by that. The lyrics are positively atrocious, I mean seriously? That doesn't mean I won't dance to it, though. Or sing all of the really dumb words. Regrettably, this one got me. You win this time, Adam Levine.
  • "Stereo Hearts" - Gym Class Heroes (feat. Adam Levine). ......okay, maybe you win again, Adam Levine. 2-0.
  • "You Make Me Feel" - Cobra Starship (feat. some chick). I once loved Cobra Starship. When they were good. And I loved them. Yes, this was an actual time in history, and no, it is not now, but that doesn't mean I won't jam out to this song. With the windows up.
  • "I Wanna Go" - Britney Spears. Not gonna lie, I blasted a lot of Britney this year. She's makin' herself a comeback, y'all. I distinctly remember my brother and I whistling with this one in the car this summer. Sorry, Andrew.
  • "Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO.  Find me one person who did not turn the volume all the way up when LMFAO came on the radio this summer and wish they knew how to shuffle. That person is a dirty liar. Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle. Yeah.
  • "On The Floor" - Jennifer Lopez (feat. Pitbull). Only because Pitbull is in it and for some reason I will listen to any song if he just randomly starts rapping on it. And I think the way she says 'Africa' a la 'ah-FREAK-uh' is hilarious.
  • "Tonight (I'm ((Explative of Your Choice))-ing You)" - Enrique Iglesias.  You know there are two versions of this song. One of them is the clean, good-for-radio version. That is not the version I love, worship and dance around in my short-shorts to. Be as crude as you want, Enrique. I will always dance even if it is with shame.
And there you have it. My favorite songs I would never admit to liking were some of my favorite songs of the year.  Well, I guess I kind of admitted to liking them on this blog.  I hope no one will remember because my music cred will be gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis