Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Art to Watch: HeartChild

Hello and welcome back, Gram Gals!


I hope you all have been having a wonderful time adjusting to new classes and new deadlines and of course, new projects!

Speaking of projects, one project that a friend of mine, fellow film major, Ben Duffy, has been working diligently on is his documentary film HeartChild. 

HeartChild is a documentary film about twenty-nine year old Crys Worley, who is the mother of a nine year old autistic child, Sasha. It is a remarkable story about a mother's struggles, not only with her own health, but the well being of her son. Committing to Sasha that she will never give up on him and inspired by the challenges parents of autistic children face, she started a non-profit organization, called A.Skate - Autism. Skating with Kids through Acceptance, Therapy, and Education. This film documents her extraordinary journey.​

Ben's film is so close to my heart because my little brother Jack also has autism and Crys Worley's struggle is one that my mother goes through and one that I am very familiar with. News of this heartfelt journey continues to spread not only all over SVA, but all over the nation, touching members of the autism and skating community everywhere.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_InlaSL9Bw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please take a minute to visit the website and watch the trailer for the film (above), for it is not yet finished, and if you're feeling generous, please donate to the Kickstarter for the film and you might just be able to get a copy of the doc or a t-shirt! You can donate by visiting the HeartChild website and scrolling to the bottom and clicking KICKSTARTER. 
I donated and it was the best $20 I've ever spent.

By the way, here's a picture of me, my mom, and sister Bridget and my bro Jack wearing the sweetest PJs ever.





Peace Love and Movies, 

RA Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis